5 Awesome Things About a Home Treadmill
I’m so glad I decided to get a treadmill instead of another couch, as its proven it’s worth in this excessive heat wave we are having. I have no excuse not to run and I’ve been journaling my journey over on Instagram: @kate_nesi if you’re interested in following along.
Last week, I was really really really tired. Not like my mind needed rest or eyes wanted to close, but my body didn’t have an ounce of energy in it. I did get my blood work results back and found something that maybe be a large cause of my fatigue and how I’ve been feeling, other than my energetic little ones.
I need to eat a much better diet and continue taking my supplements, possibly adding a bit more vitamin D to the mix. I’m using MyFitnessPal to track my macros and a few nutrients, as well as to keep tabs on eating less. I definitely don’t want to take the road that has been presented to me, but luckily it can be managed and changed by a healthier diet and exercise routine.
I am definitely sure this added weight is the main cause, and I’ve been a bit lax this summer about trying to get rid of it. With this new information, I’ve been shocked into action and have decided it’s time to go back to who I was, how I ate, and how I worked out pre-children. I focused much more on my health then and didn’t succumb to stress eating as much as I have now. This summer I’ve lived primarily on sugar to keep me going, which has sparked a spiral downwards.
Last week, I was only able to get 1 run in, but my goal is 3 a week and I am going to start rotating in weight workouts.
While I LOVED working out at 5am years ago, it’s just not going to happen. My babies get up at 5-6am and the day is off and running. So, my focus is going to be hard, but I want to workout evenings 7-8pm before I get cleaned up for bed. Luckily, the Crab still goes to bed early and the Monkey is mostly cooperative. With the fall approaching, I want to get into a solid routine before school starts again and this makes the most sense with our schedules and with Chris being out some evenings for announcing or professor work.
Here are five awesome things I’ve found that have made a home treadmill awesome:
1. Ruby can sit next to me and protect me during the run. Protect me from my crazy kiddos of course.
2. I get to run next to my wedding picture and stare at relatives past who would thought it crazy a woman was a runner.
Bonus: I don’t have to wear a shirt.
3. I can put my foot up on the treadmill and take a photo like all the awesome super fast and amazing runners I follow on IG.
4. I can count it as time spent with the Monkey and Crab. Ever try to hold a conversation with MY 4 year old while running?
5. You can leave your shoes and a fresh pair of socks there for next time. This way, there is one less excuse of “I forgot my socks, nevermind.” Yes, I’ve tried that one before.
I’m giving my changes a week to see how I feel to start. So far, a slight improvement depending on the day and I know I’ll drop weight for sure. I also believe my kiddos are just so active and the Crab is so needy since he is almost walking they are part of why I’m so tired all the time, too. But I love ’em.